When it comes to home renovation projects, increased curb appeal is one of the first considerations that comes to mind. Of course, you want your home to create a lasting impression, but you'll also want to stay within the general feel of the neighborhood. If you're looking for just the right way to increase the value and appearance of your home, replacement windows may be right up your alley. In this post we'll show you 5 ways in which replacement windows can beautify your home and give it a whole new perspective!
- Keep in mind your home's architectural style. For example, double hung or casement windows are perfect for traditional homes, while bay or bow windows are frequently seen in Victorian style homes. Choosing the right window style will give your home a coherent look and feel.
- Make an impression by choosing unique color combinations. You can make your windows really stand out by using a window trim color that is darker than your siding. We love Ply Gem windows for homes in the Minneapolis area, and they come in 11 different frame colors!
- Customize your replacement windows with unique grille designs for additional architectural flair. Quarve Contracting installs Renewal by Andersen windows, which include styles with colonial, prairie, or farmhouse patterned grilles. We also install beautiful yet economical vinyl windows from PlyGem.
- Consider using larger windows or even multiple styles. A series of windows always adds a distinctive flair and lets more sunlight into your home. Floor-to-ceiling windows are great for the living room if you want to showcase your interior design talents!
- Tie it all together with contemporary window hardware. However small it may be, hardware does affect a window's appearance. Window companies such as Andersen offer classic hardware options to complement any window style.