Metal roofs are quickly becoming the #1 choice for residential roofing here in the Minneapolis and St. Paul MN area as well as across the country. Many homeowners are aware of the benefits that having metal roofing can provide you with such as the energy efficiency, longevity and so many others, but some homeowners are still questioning if metal roofing is the right option for them to go with. Even though a metal roof can provide a lot for a home, every situation is different, so some evaluation is needed. You want to ensure that you choose the right installation team for the job as well. Here are some things to consider when you're thinking about a new metal roof.
- The look of the home can be a big thing to consider. Metal roofs come in a variety of profiles - they aren't just the vertical seam roofs people associate with pole barns. You can have a residential appeal to your home with a metal roof and even choose a color and style that fits your home.
- There are many colors that you can go with. You can even choose multi-colored tiles or whatever it is that you wish. You do not have to go through with a plain grey metal look that might not match the home that you have.
- The weight of a metal roof is not very heavy. It is actually pretty lightweight compared to a lot of traditional roofing options. It also does not require any special attachments or extras in order to be installed. Because of its light weight, it can often be installed over an existing roof, saving you the cost of a roof tear-off.
- A metal roof provides great wind resistance. It can give you the security to know that even if the winds are rough, your roof will stay in place because it is durable, long lasting and even more appealing.
- Metal is a flexible material that is able to fit on the roof, no matter what shape or size it is. You're able to place it over many different angles and pitches so that you can get the ideal look that you desire.
- There are many resources for homeowners that provide information regarding the benefits of metal roofing. Not only can metal roofing bring value to the home, but because of its durability and enduring good looks it can enhance the community as a whole and also protect the home for many years to come.