Benefits of Metal Roofing
The Major Benefits of Metal Roofing
Metal – especially steel – is quickly becoming the number one roofing material of choice for homeowners, architects, and builders. We specialize in the metal roof installation here in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area because we believe it’s the best option for both homes and businesses. There are many benefits to having a metal roof, here are just some of its advantages:
- It is one of the longest lasting roofing materials, with an expected useful life of 40-60 years or more
- Hail and wind are no match for metal roofing – definitely a benefit in this area where hail storms and high winds are common. Our metal roofs are UL Listed Class IV for wind, fire & hail
- Metal roofing is noncombustible, making it perfect for homes located in highly wooded areas
- Many insurance companies offer discounts for homes with metal roofs
- Since metal roofing is both eco-friendly as well as energy efficient, it’s a terrific roofing choice for those seeking green building and remodeling products
- Snow and ice slide off easily, reducing the likelihood of ice dam formation
- Due to its high reflectivity and insulating properties, homeowners with metal roofs experience a reduction in costs for heating and cooling, up to 30% depending on the home envelope
- Metal roofs are virtually maintenance free – they don’t even need cleaning because a hard rain will usually wash away any dust or dirt that has accumulated
One thing we’re especially proud of is the lasting beauty of our metal roofing.
Asphalt shingles and wood shakes fade and discolor with age, but the metal roofing we install will look as good 30 years from now as the day it is put on. And because it is lightweight, it usually can be installed over an existing asphalt roof. That saves the cost of tearing off the old roof and avoids another pile of old asphalt shingles in a landfill.