Covid-19 Update: Now offering virtual estimates, inspections, and presentations
South Minneapolis Steel Siding Project Gives Home a Fresh Look
Not every steel siding and roofing project we do results in a major transformation, but this South Minneapolis home got a total exterior makeover.
The owners of this home had a number of issues that needed to be addressed. The old windows didn’t match – there were three different kinds. The old wood siding was in bad shape, and the home was cold, meaning their heating bills were higher than they needed to be.
The Exterior Remodeling Project
One thing the owners wanted to do was to turn the existing porch into a playroom for their children. And so when we installed the new windows, we put in triple-pane glass windows in that area. Triple pane glass provides the utmost in energy efficiency in windows, so it was this was the perfect choice for spot where children would be spending extended periods of time.
Our exterior remodeling services consisted of:
- Encapsulating the existing wood siding with insulation board for the highest R value.
- Installing Edco seamless steel siding in two different colors and styles: Wedgewood Blue vertical siding on the upper story, and 3″ seamless steel lap siding on the lower level.
- Cove molding was added to the windows to give an extra design flourish.
- All windows were trimmed to provide a uniform look.
- White trim was installed as well, resulting in an attractive contrast, plus a visual division between the first and second story.
- Installing all new Ply Gem energy efficient vinyl windows throughout.
And don’t you just love that yellow front door? The pop of color really gives this home curb appeal.
With the added insulation and the energy-efficient windows, now this home is more comfortable. And the owners should see a reduction in their heating bill as well. This project is proof that an older home can take on new life with the right exterior remodeling. Plus the steel siding and vinyl windows make this home’s exertior virtually maintenance free. Steel siding is a great choice for Minnesota homes because it stands up so well to our weather. It’s very durable and retains its looks for years. In fact, we’ve got steel siding projects around the Twin Cities that we could show you that are over 30 years old!
Quarve Contracting, Inc. is a licensed Minnesota home remodeling contractor. We work throughout the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area. We offer roofing, siding, replacement windows and doors, gutters and trim, and more. If your home is looking a little worn and in need of a face lift, or if your energy bills are through the roof, why not contact us today for a free estimate?