Have you taken a good look at steel shake roofing as an option for your Minnesota home? One reason metal roofing has become the preferred roofing material of residential architects, developers, and home builders is that it can replicate the look of other roofing materials while providing benefits far beyond what those materials can offer. One product we find Minnesota homeowners love is KasselShake steel shakes. Wood shake roofing is popular here in the Midwest. It has a rustic, natural look that homeowners are attracted to. But genuine wood roofing has some substantial drawbacks. Many insurance companies either don’t want to insure a home with wood roofing or will charge exorbitant premiums to do so. Why? Wood roofing is highly flammable. It also requires lots of upkeep and regular maintenance to keep it looking good and performing as intended. But KasselShake steel roofing can give that gorgeous hand-split shake look plus all the benefits homeowners can enjoy with a steel roof.
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Long life expectancy – it’s so durable you won’t have to think about ever replacing your roof again
- Stands up well to our weather; wind lift ratings exceed even tornado force winds. Plus it’s highly impact resistant, so hail damage isn’t an issue
- Very energy efficient – both the coatings and the design result in the sun’s rays being reflected away from your roof and not absorbed by it. The installation process creates a cooling air space between the interlocking panels and the roof decking, keeping your home cooler. Owners can realize an energy cost savings of up to 20% in summer
- And while wood shakes will discolor over time unless refinished, the bonding process that creates the color finish means the vibrant color will remain unchanged for decades. In fact, it is warrantied to resist fading for 30 years.