Why Twin Cities Homeowners Shouldn’t Put Off a Roof Repair or Replacement
As a licensed roofing contractor here in the Minneapolis metro for nearly four decades, we are well aware that the idea of needing to replace the roof on your home could be a daunting prospect. After all, it’s probably one of the biggest expenses you’ll face in terms of home repair. But since your roof makes up the most important protection for your home, there are some very good reasons for not postponing having a new roof installed if there are signs your present one is failing.
Perhaps you took our advice in a recent blog post about checking for roof leaks during a rainstorm, and you found indications your roof is indeed leaking. Now, it’s possible that all that’s needed is a repair in that area, but often we find that when a roof begins to leak in one spot, other parts are sure to follow. And if your roof is approaching the end of its expected life – even if you think you may have a few years left – there are reasons you shouldn’t wait much longer.
Why You Shouldn’t Postpone Repairing or Replacing an Old or Damaged Roof
Once you notice roof damage or see indications your roof is failing, it’s only going to get worse. And the damage you find is likely only the tip of the iceberg. Often many issues with older roofs aren’t easily detected by someone other than a roofing contractor. The homeowner’s first indication there is trouble is when a problem occurs. We highly recommend that whenever you notice something is amiss with your roof that you have a roofing contractor check it out. Here’s why:
- Often when a roof issue is detected early enough, a simple repair can take care of things. It’s quicker, easier, and saves money.
- Roof damage will eventually weaken that spot in your roof, and it will be more susceptible to problems from weather, such as ice, hail, heavy rains, or winds.
- A roof problem will only get worse – it’s not like a cold that you will get over in a few days. As time goes on, it could lead to further damage to your roof as well as your home’s structure. What was once an easy repair could become major work.
- Roofing problems ignored long enough could result in a roof replacement being needed.
- If your roof is older, replacing it before it fails is a good idea. A roof replacement you can schedule is much easier (and probably less costly) than one that has to be done on an emergency basis.
Not sure whether your roof needs help? The best advice is to have a Minneapolis area roofing professional like us come out and take a look. We don’t charge for inspections and evaluations. Our experienced roof repair and replacement techs will check out your roof and make recommendations. And if you’re concerned about paying for your roof work, financing options are available.
Quarve Contracting, Inc. is a Minnesota licensed roofing company, and we serve the greater Twin Cities metro.