What is it? A complete donation/volunteer collaboration between many sponsors and partners to showcase responsible buidling practices and energy effeciency. We as a company are very excited to be a part of this effort, and invite you to come experience it.
This year: Green Crossing: A green neighborhood.The 2011 Green Crossing exhibit—including four buildings, a street, landscaping, and a community garden all built inside the Eco Experience—demonstrated simple and cutting edge ways to be more responsible with our natural resources. As a Partner, Quarve will be supplying United States Seamless Steel Siding, Kassel & Irons Steel Roofing and United States Seamless Standing Seam Roofing on two of the homes. Other Partners will be showcasing;
- Energy-efficient, water-conserving, and healthy homes.
- Streets that are safe for walkers, bikers, buses, and cars.
- Shared areas for gardening and playing.
- Rain barrels, permeable sidewalks, green roofs, and other features to catch and absorb rain water.
- Businesses within walking distance of the homes.
- Solar electricity production on houses and public structures.
- How your lawn impacts water quality in Minnesota
- How to grow your own food
- See what rebates and incentives are available to improve the energy efficiency of your home
- Where to buy recycled-content products
- DIY landscaping, gardening and composting ideas
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog