If water dripping from your eaves hits your head every time you come in and out of your front door in a rainstorm, perhaps its time to consider seamless gutters from Quarve Contracting, Inc. Quarve is one of the leading roofing companies in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, and they also offer exterior home improvement services such as gutters. Gutters are just about a staple in modern home construction these days, but if you've got an older home you may not have advantages that gutters offer. Why are gutters important?
- By directing rain away from the home, gutters help you avoid damage to your roof, soffit, fascia, trim, and siding. Without gutters in place, rainfall can do permanent damage to not only these areas but also your home's underlying structure.
- Rainwater moves out away from your home instead of collecting on the ground at the foundation. When water pools in the ground at a home's foundation, the result can be damage to the foundation as well as leaky (or sometimes flooded) basements and lower levels. Properly placed gutters and downspouts divert the water to a safe spot away from the house.
- Stone, brick, and wood exteriors are especially susceptible to water damage, especially from repeated freezing and thawing of water. Even in the winter, gutters can protect your home by keeping melting snow and ice off your home's walls.
- Undirected rainwater can eventually cause soil erosion. This is especially important if your home has shoreline frontage, because soil runoff can also cause problems for your waterway.
- Installing gutters is an inexpensive way to prevent costly damage repair bills in the future.
- Gutters, much like trim, add a finishing touch to your home's appearance, and in some cases can actually increase your home's value.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog