Now that spring has sprung, we’d like to share some spring cleaning reminders to help you get the season started on the right foot.
- Roof Inspection: Now that the snow is gone but big spring storms haven’t hit yet, it’s a good idea to check your roof for damage it suffered over the winter months. Fixing cracked tiles or missing shingles now will save you money on more expensive repairs later.
- Clean Gutters: Since the gutters are responsible for steering water away from your home, it’s best to clean them out now, before clogs cause water to back up.
- HVAC Filters: These filters should be changed more than once a year, but spring cleaning is a good time to change them before summer hits. Dirty filters force motor to work harder which translates into higher monthly bills and more part replacement later on.
- Washing Machine Fill Hose: A leaking washing machine hose can cause costly water damage and mold growth, so checking it for cracks now can save you money and frustration later.
- Clean Outdoor Surfaces: As you’re cleaning your deck, fence and driveway, look out for damage. If you don’t already have a pressure washer for this job, borrow or rent one. They make the job much easier.
- Cracks in Cement: Small cracks are easy to repair, but if left unattended will only get bigger as the year wears on.
- Cracked or Peeling Paint: Paint provides a protective barrier against the elements, and looks good. Touch-ups are easy and inexpensive ways to stop bigger maintenance troubles from developing. If the paint deterioration is substantial, you may want to consider installing new l0w-maintenance siding instead.
- Vacuum Refrigerator Coils: The coils behind or at the bottom of your refrigerator remove heat from the appliance, so when they’re dirty, the fridge has to work harder. Vacuuming dirt out of them helps the fridge work well and lowers your electricity bill.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog