The warmer times of the year are the busiest times for roof installation, so if it’s time to replace your roof, the coming months are when to do it. When shopping around for someone to do it for you, make sure they meet all of the below requirements.
- Proof of Insurance: Your contractor should be able and willing to provide evidence of their worker’s compensation and indemnity insurance policies.
- Permits: Since each county requires some sort of permit, the contractor should be knowledgeable about which ones are needed for the job. The related costs of the permits should also be included with the bid.
- Warranties: They must be able to provide warranties both for workmanship and materials used.
- Local: A reputable contractor will have a permanent, physical address in your area.
- Written Estimates: They should provide you with written estimates which include clean up, disposal of old material, warranties, labor, material and permits.
- References: It’s best to hire a contractor with experience, so always ask for references to contact before signing anything.
- Knowledge: Everyone has unique questions and needs, so your contractor should be knowledgeable enough to answer provide answers and options for your situation.
- Qualifications: All contractor companies, Minneapolis-based or not, should be willing to provide you with evidence of roofing certification.
- Trade Organization Membership: The most reputable contractors are part of trade organizations which reinforce strict codes, rules and ethics. A good standing with the BBB only adds to their credibility.
- Clean-Up: One thing that may get missed in the bid is the cost of clean-up and removal of excess material. Make sure that part is included before making any final decisions.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog