1. Consider all of the buyers – There may be additions that you might look nice, but others will not feel the same. One example of this is adding a pool. A lot of people see this as extra maintenance and not a fun thing. The same thing is true for second garages. The upkeep for all these added extras might be overwhelming to some buyers.
2. Don't overdo it – If you make updates on the cabinets and countertops because they needed, it then leave it at that. You do not have to keep going with things that are otherwise fine. Another thing to reconsider is if you're contemplating adding items to your home that you would not otherwise find in other similar homes in the area – you could be wasting money.
3. Risks are involved with expanding the size of the home – This is an expensive project that might not return all of your money. You would have to knock walls down and expand out, which might mean you're throwing money out when it comes time to sell to someone else.
4. Consider the cost-to-value of your home – Estimate how much of what you spend on the project will be recovered during the time of re-sale. You should be able to make at least half, if not more, of the project investment back when it comes to selling.
5. Prioritize all repairs and add curb appeal – Make sure to upgrade and improve the windows, doors and roof of the home before digging into the counter tops and bathroom expansions. These are big selling points on any home. Here at Quarve, we are able to help you gain the curb appeal you'd like with new siding, windows and roofing that will last.
6. Consult an expert in the field – You will want to know what someone thinks about the projects ahead of you and what they think you should do instead. They will be able to tell you how much you could see in a return for these projects. This could be an appraiser, real estate agent and even an inspector.
Exterior home improvements - especially those which increase the energy efficiency of your home - continue to be top projects for both return on investment and increased curb appeal. Wondering what the best approach is to remodeling your home? Give us a call and learn more about what we at Quarve are able to provide you with when it comes to exterior home improvement in St. Paul. We'd like to see you get a large return back on your home. We are able to provide windows, doors, roofing and siding solutions to fit your needs. Sell your home with the best of the best and get a return on the money you put in for the remodel.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog