Standing seam metal roofs are becoming a popular choice for commercial and industrial buildings. They are constructed using side by side metal panels that are connected together using fasteners. They are known to last a very long time, require minimal maintenance and have a nice modern look to them.Why Install a Standing Seam Metal Roof? They are not a cheap, quick idea to go with, but spending the money to have one put on can be well worth it because of all the benefits that they provide you with.
- Improved ventilation in the roof
- Resistant to fire and wind
- Lightweight and have a safe construction
- Come with diverse material options such as copper, aluminum and galvanized steel
- Easily installed over an existing roof
- 100% recyclable
- Able to prevent ice dams and shed snow with the weather-tight durability
- Extremely long life when compared to asphalt roofing
- Field-locked standing seam – this comes in many different colors and are installed with a special locking tool so you can ensure that expansion and contraction does not happen. It can be used in many climates.
- Standing seam shingle panels – this is a more innovative version of the standing seam roof and they have a four way interlocking system that come in different lengths. You can stagger them for a different look.
- Snap-lock standing seam – these panels are able to securely lock into one another when put side by side. They come in ribbed, straight and striated designs.
For an idea of how beautiful a metal roof can be, visit our Pinterest board to take a look at some of the roofs we've installed around the Minneapolis St. Paul area.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog