As a Minneapolis area roofing company specializing in metal roofing, we thought we would start 2017 off by sharing some things we see on the horizon for the year as it relates to steel and other metal roofing.
Home Building and Remodeling Trends for 2017
- Home construction is becoming more focused on details, quality, and aesthetics rather than low prices. Building products that deliver qualities like long life and durability are at the top of the list. High-end details are showing up in less expensive homes as well. Metal roofing fits in with this trend. It is becoming the #1 choice among architects.
- Rooftop installation of solar panels is on the rise. There is no better roofing to use with solar panels than metal. We're proud to partner with solar power contractors in this area so that we can coordinate installation of both the roofing and the solar panels.
- Metal roofing prices aren't going down anytime soon. There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is that the demand for residential roofing is high and the number of roofing contractors experienced with the installation of metal roofing hasn't kept up with demand. But despite the cost, metal roofing is still one of the best values because of its long life and other benefits. That metal roof you have installed today will likely outlive you, and possibly the next owner as well.
- Most of the baby boomer generation is retiring (or has already retired) and looking forward to enjoying more free time. That means anything that contributes to less maintenance on a home is desirable. Metal roofing is virtually maintenance-free.
- Americans are becoming more focused on reducing the impact of their lives on the environment. Metal roofing is one of the most eco-friendly roofing materials there is. It is composed of a high percentage of recycled metal, and the roofing produced is itself 100% recyclable. Plus quality metal roofing, when installed according to manufacturer's specifications, is very energy efficient.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog