- Mold and mildew which are damaging to your health can be found throughout the entire home, not just in the attic
- Your air conditioning system may go through rough times because it's working harder than it needs to
- Your roof is going to have a shorter life because of the poor ventilation
- Rust can develop on any metal like screws, nails and brackets) that are part of the roof or other structural elements
- The wood decking of the roof can get spongy and even rot due to excessive moisture
- Insufficient ventilation can lead to development of ice dams
Having a roof replaced is a major expense, so it is important that you extend the life of your roof as much as possible. Having adequate attic ventilation is an important way to do that. And it will help with utility bills as well. Airflow through the attic space draws both heat and moisture out, making it easier for everyone living inside the home to be comfortable and to reduce the chances of having any of the issues above.We can't stress it enouhg: Always have the proper maintenance done before any issues arise from having poor attic ventilation.
If you have any concerns about your roof or ventilation in your attic space, call us today and we can come out and take a look. Our consultations are free, and we can make recommendations to improve the ventilation in your attic.Quarve Contracting, Inc. is a licensed Minnesota roofing company serving the Twin Cities area, and improving attic ventilation is often part of the job when we install a new roof or repair an existing one.
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog