FAQs About Our Minnesota Seamless Steel Siding
Perhaps you read our recent post on how having seamless steel siding installed on your home here in the Minneapolis area is a wise investment. And maybe now you have some questions about this exceptional siding material. Here are some of the most common things people ask us, as well as our replies.
Seamless Steel Siding FAQs
Why do you recommend seamless steel siding over other siding materials such as vinyl or engineered wood?
We’ve got a list of reasons, but here are some of the most important ones:
- Since other siding is installed in sections, there are gaps between the siding pieces. With our seamless installation process, there are no areas where water or air can get in. That means your house is well protected from any kind of Minnesota weather, even on the windiest days.
- The lack of seams makes for a much more attractive exterior appearance.
- Our seamless steel siding will last far longer than other siding materials. In fact, chances are you’ll never need to replace it.
Isn’t steel siding more expensive to install than other siding materials or having my existing siding painted?
- If you are going by initial installation cost, then the answer is yes. But over time, you’ll find that our seamless steel siding actually ends up to be one of the most economical choices you can make. Steel will last longer than even the best quality vinyl siding. (Life expectancy of vinyl depends on the thickness and the quality; some vinyl products begin to crack or warp after just a few years.)
- Another reason seamless steel siding can cost less in the long run is that it requires virtually no maintenance other than an occasional cleaning. Fiber cement siding may need to have gaps or joints re-caulked occasionally, and it will eventually need a paint job. Even the prefinished siding has only a 15-year warranty on its color finish. And if you’re comparing it to the cost of wood siding, you have to factor in regular maintenance and periodic repainting or restaining. Steel siding has its color baked right in, so no refinish is ever needed.
- The third financial issue that should be factored in when comparing costs is energy savings. Because our siding is seamless, there are no gaps to let outside air in (or inside air out), so you can expect to save on your heating and cooling.
If you’ve still got some questions about seamless steel siding, check out this helpful information on some of the advantages of this exceptional siding material. Or contact us to set up a free in-home consultation with no obligation. We are a licensed Minnesota siding installation contractor serving the greater Twin Cities area.