Homeowners we talk to in the Minneapolis area are often concerned about what real estate professionals refer to as ROI, or return on investment. Simply put, that refers to what percentage of what you spend on any particular project can be expected to be recouped in an increase in the value of your home. Some projects deliver a better ROI than others. And some types of what you might consider an improvement are in reality just an expense. Other types of projects can actually decrease your home's value. A good example of that is carpeting. Once high on the list for home buyers, wall-to-wall carpeting is now considered a drawback. Buyers prefer hardwood or other types of flooring.
Repainting is another one people ask about. Frankly, painting is considered a maintenance expense and not an investment. Even the best exterior paint job is only going to last a few years before it needs to be re-done, so you can't consider the thousands of dollars you'll spend as an investment. But what about having new siding installed? The amount of return depends on the type of siding you choose, but in some cases it can be significant. Investing in our seamless steel siding is one of those wise investments.
This exceptional siding product is one that a lot of people might not have heard about a lot. Even though we've been installing it in the Twin Cities for nearly 40 years, it really isn't on the radar yet for most Minnesota homeowners. But it IS growing in popularity. There are a number of reasons for that, including the return on investment it can deliver.
According to industry statistics, homeowners who invest in steel siding can expect an 80-85% return on investment due to an increase in home value. That number can be even higher if you opt for seamless steel siding, such as the siding we install.Generally, prospective home buyers place a great importance on maintenance-free building materials, as well as those that are considered eco-friendly. Steel siding delivers on both accounts. And while great curb appeal may be something that brings you personal satisfaction while you live in your home, it's an important factor in being able to sell your home quickly. After all, if a house isn't very attractive on the outside, buyers won't even want to come inside to see how great your house is. So appearance should be considered as well, even though you can't put a dollar value on it. Here are just a few other advantages of our seamless steel siding:
- The lack of seams keeps moisture and air from leaking underneath and getting into your home
- It resists damage from a variety of pests, from termites to rodents
- Since it's made from a substantial amount of recycled steel (and is itself 100% recyclable), it's considered one of the greenest siding products on the market
- Your home is protected beautifully for decades
- It's available in a variety of colors and styles so you can get that custom look for your home
- Our installation process as well as the lack of seams makes it very energy efficient, so you can expect indoor comfort as well as lower heating and cooling bills
Subscribe to Quarve Contracting's Blog